[CentOS-devel] XEN 3.1 centos5.1 x86_64 domU 32bit

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:37:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 2:25 AM, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> > On Jan 17, 2008 3:29 PM, Theurl Michael <michael.theurl at smog.at> wrote:
>

> > Support for running 32 bit Paravirt Xen VM's on a 64bit host was added
>
> Where did the OP say paravirt? I would expect any quad-code Intel CPUs
> to provide hardware virtualisation.

Those CPU's most likely support HVM. But running a 32bit domU using
HVM on a 64bit host has always worked for me (even since 5.0). And
since the error the OP reported was the same as I had with my attemps
using PVM it seemed reasonable to assume the OP was using PVM.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)