[CentOS-devel] CentOS Forums again

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 19:14:46 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>> A thread has started at the forums for forum users to let folks know
>> what they would like to see in terms of features/usability:
>>
>> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14921&forum=45
>
> Is someone going to consolidate this into the wiki page ?

No Wiki page yet (I haven't forgotten), but here is a quick summary of
points raised/features requested so far by forum members:

Major
* Persistent logins
* Remember read/unread posts across multiple PCs/logins (per user, not
per machine)
* The remember me, keep cookie for 1 year option looks broken (relates
to the above)
* View first unread post within thread feature
* Ability for users to change registered email address.

Minor
* Thank User button/feature
* Better management of subscribed threads
* Quick links feature

Most of the major issues revolve around having to constantly re-login
every 24 hours and the lack of a view first unread post within thread
feature. One would hope that both of these issues would be addressed as
standard in most major forum software packages. Basically our forum
users just want the features they have come to expect as standard on
other forums, but appear to be lacking in our current software.