[CentOS-devel] New Horde version ... should we upgrade?

Marcus Moeller mm at gcug.de
Wed Jul 16 09:54:50 UTC 2008

Dear Johnny.

> The problem with this upgrade is that there is a new database schema and it
> is a "lots of admin action required" upgrade to a new version.  I can't
> really run the database upgrade SQL script during the upgrade process, so
> the user is left with a broken system after the upgrade.

Is this a problem with the database sheme or with RPM? Other Distributions
like Debian use debconf (which I personally do not really like) to handle
post-installation tasks like that.

Also RPM should be able to open a (gtk)dialog based script for
configuration. It might also be an option to provide useful upgrade notices
and a short link to them after package installation.

Best Regards
Marcus Moeller