[CentOS-devel] RE: [CentOS] PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:05:23 UTC 2008

On 6/25/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Michael Simpson wrote:
> > To continue on with the securing webservers theme the last bit of my
> > wishlist after php5.2 and suhosin is mod_security.
> > I currently grab this from epel but would love to have this from CentOS.
> >

> Should we get a wishlist page on the wiki going ? That gives people the
> ability to request ( and put their names again ) packages, allows people to
> offer to test ( and put their names again ), and allows people to offer to
> maintain the packages.

Excellent idea. A wishlist page would simplify the process
considerably as well as allowing yourselves to see how much people are
actually prepared to do in order to have the package that they want as
part of the distro provided extras.

I have no real problem with pulling in packages from other third party
repos (and very much appreciate the efforts made by all to provide
these resources :-) ) but to my mind it is tidier to get everything i
need from the one source and if i can contribute to that effort in any
way then all the better.

mike