[CentOS-devel] CentOS mailing list for job offers

Jon Peatfield J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 5 21:59:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Scott Grizzard wrote:
>>> I think a mailing list is a good idea, but I think it should have some
>>> formatting guidelines (not "rules", just guidelines).
>>>
>>> Example:
>>>
>>> * The city the job is located in should appear first on the Subject line.
>>
>> What about the country? =:D
>
> Following up on that: I think that foreign language mails should be
> allowed when/if there is an english translation also in those mails. Or
> at least a rough overview of what the job is about in english.

I took that to ask if the country/location as well as the city should be
required in the subject rather than what language the text might happen to
be in.

For example a job offer in the city of 'Cambridge' might be in one of
several places... :-)

Not that we seem to generally specify what exact Linux distros people
should be familiar with (we hope for applicants who can learn and apply
their knowledge to anything), but if we did we wouldn't want people to
accidentally think that we are located near Boston MA.

  -- Jon

[ would anyone be interested in a junior position in our HEP group? ]