[CentOS-devel] Virtual Machines for testing of forums

Marcus Moeller mm at gcug.de
Mon Nov 3 20:54:12 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Marcus Moeller wrote:
>>
>> I have already started to set up some infrastructure for phpBB and now
>> decided to continue without vhost declaration. Expect some news, soon
>> ;)
>
> Can you elaborate a bit on : "continue without vhost declaration" ?

I have asked for some hostnames to be assigned to the TestVMs IP
address a while ago, as it would then be a bit easier to test a few
independent installations side by side using apaches name based
virtual-host declarations.

Now I am just setting up different subdirectories if necesary.

Today, I have noticed that someone else also has started an test
installation on the same machine which I did not know. This is a bit
confusing and it would be great if the one (who is responsible for
that) could leave me a short note on things like that in the future.

Best Regards
Marcus