[CentOS-devel] rubygems rpm spec file

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Nov 17 21:58:53 UTC 2008

Matt Rose wrote:
> requires: ruby >= 1.8.5, ruby-libs >= 1.8.5

Are you sure about that? I only have

Requires: ruby(abi) = 1.8

in my spec (which is for 1.1.1 though)

> Source0: %{name}-%{version}.tgz
> License: GPL

I think naming both licenses is correct here:

License: Ruby License/GPL

> BuildPreReq: ruby >= 1.8.5, ruby-libs >= 1.8.5

Hmmm. Why PreReq?

I have BuildRequires: ruby, ruby-irb, ruby-rdoc in my spec.

> %description
> Ruby Gems

RubyGems is the Ruby standard for publishing and managing third party
libraries.

Yours is a tad short :)

> cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> rm -rf %{buildroot}

Hmmm. Either or, I think. Not both in one spec file :)

I also have a wad of rubygems which are packaged and should be published
somewhere (like a complete rails 2.1 environment, mod_passenger and other
stuff).

Cheers,

Ralph