[CentOS-devel] s390 SIG

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 21 05:03:52 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> So, and oops for short notice, some of us are going to get together
>> later in the day today on #centos-devel and talk about this SIG.
>> Anyone / everyone interested should join in. We expect to kick off at
>> 21:00 UTC today, 19th Nov 2008.
>
> Quick catchup on this :
>
> There are a few people interested in the s390x side of things, but there
> does not seem to be too much hardware / resources around to help. Ray
> Hand has offered to pick up on this and I will be working with him to
> get the builds done on real iron. We are also going to concentrate on
> s390x only for the time being. If there really are people who want s390
> as well, we can address that independently.

I understand that IBM may provide the hardware for this, it does so for
porting software to the zSeries and this may qualify. It's also worth
discussing the matter on the existing Linux-390 list hosted by Marist.
The list is followed by significant people from significant
organisations including IBM.

--

Cheers
John