[CentOS-devel] Centos 5 update breaks drbd

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Tue Nov 25 21:17:35 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008, "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso at gmail.com> wrote:
> What needs to be done to keep update from breaking kmod packages when
> the kernel is updated? This happens more often that not, and is a PIA
> on production boxes.
> I've added a comment to http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3186 -
> there may be others...

I agree.

I have to run a script that uninstalls kmod-* modules and reinstalls them to
make kernel updates actually work. At least for kmod-drbd82  and kmod-xfs,
the only ones I'm using.

The old way, which I understand required the modules to be specially built
for each kernel, worked better.

Not complaining, since it's free, but if anyone thinks this is actually
working right, I just have to say it isn't.

--
Alan