[CentOS-devel] still trying to build upstream srpms

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Sep 1 08:48:02 UTC 2008

Joe Pruett wrote:

> first off, i don't seem to be getting all of centos-devel.  of this
> thread (6 messages on lists.centos.org), i only seemed to receive my
> initial post and the one from dag.  are there any known problems with the
> devel email list?

You are the first to complain. So - no, there aren't known problems. All
mails to your address I can find in the maillog have been taken by the
MX for your domain with a status of 250.

> second, even though karanbir will be trying to build the rpms i am
> interested in, so far no one has actually answered how we know what
> rpmbuild command line to give.  there are lots of --define possibilities
> and i don't see that info available from a binary rpm.  so how do we know
> how to build a package?

As said (for CentOS 5): If you build an SRPM via mock/plague, you're
doing it nearly the same as Red Hat does: In a clean environment.

Ralph