[CentOS-devel] slow Perl on CentOS 5

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Mon Sep 1 23:48:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, David Hrbác( wrote:

> Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
>> The C4 fasttrack repo is built in sync with upstream, there is no
>> fasttrack on C5 ( go look at mirror.centos.org ).
>>
>> - KB
>
> I know, C5 is empty for now. I expect to have fast(t)rack only RPMs here.

Me too. I think a 'centosfix' repository with lower release numbers than
the expected RH fix may be useful. Calling it centosfix also makes it
obvious these are centos packages, and not RH rebuild packages.

This 'centosfix' concept could be stretched to fix some other packages
with known problems until upstream gets them fixed. And is a deliberate
opt-in from users that need them (and understand the risks).

If there is a market for the slow-perl fix, and more of these packages
would see the light of day, I would prefer a 'centosfix' repository over a
mixed fast(t)rack repository. But only if we can deliver...