[CentOS-devel] CentOS on the Asus Eeepc ...

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Mon Sep 8 12:49:29 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> I had to modify the installer initrd.img to include the atl2.ko module
>> for the wired nic to install from my local mirror .. where do i store
>> it ? on the wiki page itself, as an attachment ? a simple link to a
>> tmp space on my website ?
>>
>> I'm now wondering what's the best way to include the atl2.ko module
>> during setup : a rpm that will be fetched from centos extras (?) or a
>> simple driverdisk ?
>>
>> Ideas & comments welcome ...
>
> I've been working on an alternate installer, which does not use anaconda
> at all, for the eeepc since we need to change a lot of default stuff in
> order to get the basic stuff working in a reasonable manner.
Hmm, is that not too much work, especially when 5.3 and further releases
show their heads ?

> Also, is this atl2 ko based on the one that I had built sometime back or
> is this from the 2.x version ? if so, is it stable enough to rebase onto
>  in the 2.6.18 code ?
It's still the v1 of the driver, so basically the same that you used ..
except that i rebuilt it from
http://repo.redhat-club.org/redhat/5/SRPMS/atl2-kmod-1.0.40.4-el5.rhc.1.src.rpm
We tried with Manuel Wolfshant to have the v2 driver built on 2.6.18 but
it didn't work (Manuel took contact with the devel guy but i think he
had still no answer )

> PS: please dont crosspost.
Yeah, sorry for that (but of course i didn't intend to continue the
discussion on the -docs list).. i think i should have divided my post in
two : one for -docs regarding the created wiki page and the other one
about the core discussion ..

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>