[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Sep 25 21:09:32 UTC 2008

Ned Slider wrote:
<big snip>
> Can you (or anyone) point me to any good examples of phpBB forum
> deployments where I could register to get a feel for it's end-user
> features/usability? (I'm already familiar with some SMF based forums and
> it certainly meets end user requirements).

hmm, why not using the forums at the source :
http://www.phpbb.com/support/forums/  ;-)

Regarding data migration from one system to the other , Guillaume (the
fedora guy who was behind the initial request for the fr.centos.org
website) is willing to help :  he wrote a script to migrate from xoops
(does that ring a bell ? :D) to punbb for the http://www.fedora-fr.org
website/forum . I told him that because fluxbb (successor of punbb)
doesn't have (yet, but on the roadmap) a ldap auth feature, it could be
abandoned .. but he said that if that was needed he can have a look to
write the ldap_auth_hook for fluxbb .

It seems that because of the license, SMF can be removed from the forum
candidates list ?

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>