[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Mon Sep 29 16:14:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>>  There have been some interesting comments from Drupal users on my
>>  blog-post that compared the requirements with modules and features.
>> http: //dag.wieers.com/blog/drupal-for-centos-portal-and-forums#comment-972
>> http: //dag.wieers.com/blog/drupal-for-centos-portal-and-forums#comment-973
>> http: //dag.wieers.com/blog/drupal-for-centos-portal-and-forums#comment-978
>>  I guess that is a first stop when assessing Drupal's capabilities.
>
> That is good, however they dont say anything more than whats already
> available on google searches for these things. What we really would need
> before deciding is to have someone offer to take ownership of the effort to
> evaluate drupal, do the setup, setup some of these features and see how
> usable it really is.

I can certainly ask the people the reacted on the blog-post, but in that
case (s)he should have access to the system to configure it.

> eg. I am looking at Drupal for my own site and I find venturing into the
> modules portion of drupal immediately drops the quality of code, and even the
> ownership of security issues. It seems Drupal guys dont take on  security
> issues for things that come from the modules or related projects that are
> being used inside drupal.

I think that is the difference between the core modules and the
contributed stuff. As soon as they would take ownership it would be as
part of the core.

Of course, core developers also contribute modules, so it largely depend
on the module itself.