[CentOS-devel] 5.3´s anaconda src.rpm missing

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:50:46 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:

> My $0.02 .... I'd love to be shown a path to avoid the
> problems on the 5.3 roll-out

Do we know exactly what the problem is?  That is, why does yum do
something different after a 'yum clean all'?  Shouldn't it be trying all
the mirrors anyway if it fails to get a file for any reason?  Otherwise,
what's the point of having the list that generally screws up caching?

I don't think the answer is to expect the repos to be perfect but rather
to make the clients recover without intervention (and without killing
the good repos too...).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com