[CentOS-devel] FYI: centos reproduceability

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Mon Apr 20 16:42:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Farkas Levente wrote:

> as it was told that centos can be reproduced and all rpm build in mock i
> just made a quick test and try to rebuild all centos-5.3 srpms. the

> - mysql test suite is failed with:
> Errors are (from
> /builddir/build/BUILD/mysql-5.0.45/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltest-time) :
> mysqltest: Could not open connection 'default': 2026 SSL connection error

That would seem to be a deficit in the build environment, not
starting the candidate mysql-server to connect against; I
would check your buildenv, and verify that a target to connect
to was present;  that is, see what the process table holds,
and to what the make test is trying to connect.

> the packages which failed to build:
 	(snip list)

Here, checking the build logs in a postmortem, and tweaking in
what may be missing is a first step.

-- Russ herrold