[CentOS-devel] Documentation Help

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:51:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Brad Potts<brad.potts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Karanbir Singh told me that I might be able to help CentOS with the 5.3
> documentation.  He tell me the effort is something Tim Verhoeven has taken
> under his belt.  Can somebody tell me how I might be able to contribute?
>
> Some background:  I'm a programmer for a living (C#, Java) but am also
> fairly knowledgeable about awk, sed, perl, a little C, etc.

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the offer to help. What we need is a script that mirrors
the documentation from upstream (for example :
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html)
to our site (http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Installation_Guide/)
and in the process replace the header and footer with the disclaimer
we are already using. Also images etc should be copied along.

Our guess is that with wget and some bash en sed magic this should not
be that hard. Let us know if you think you can write such a thing.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)