[CentOS-devel] functional testing as a contrib requirement

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:40:45 UTC 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 6:34 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/14/2009 07:23 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> Fedora is using the bugzilla as bugtracking platform for quite a
>> while
>> without any problems.
>
> As a bug tracking system. bugzilla is quite nice. The only problem
> I've
> had ( in the past ) with it was the amount of work required around it
> and the complexity in setup / admin around it.
>
> The problem I have with the Fedora approach is that once a package is
> into the system, there is really no audit / tracking or testing of
> anything binary going through the system.

What we need is a good web-based open-source change management system.

What exists now directly in that category?

If nothing what exists that could be easily made to fit the bill?

I like the openness of wikis, but they lack the audit and approval
capabilities, unless someone has developed a mod for a standard one?

-Ross