[CentOS-devel] yum-3.2.22 in c5-testing

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 16:37:36 UTC 2009

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a yum-3.2.22 in the c5-testing repo's. This is what will be
>> most likely the next yum update in CentOS-5, so please test. Things that
>> would be good to get feedback on are exactly how the behavior changes
>> for people with modified / customised configs and repo setups.
>>
>> Feedback here on the list would be ideal.
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories  for info on
>> howto setup the Testing repo if you dont have it already.
>>

> There is also now a new yum-metadata-parser file to look at:
>
> yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-3.el5.centos
>
> It is also in the testing repo.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

Hi Johnny,

Is that yum-metadata-parser package built from the FasTrack SRPM?

If so, then I've been testing/using it for the last 4 months without
issue - it does what it says on the tin (for me). I've not experienced
any of the issues people have been fixing with 'yum clean all|metadata'
since updating.