[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.x for Sparc?

Worsham, Michael michael.worsham at morris.com
Mon Feb 2 17:33:11 UTC 2009

In the past
(http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-August/003082.html)
, I had tried to boot my SunFire V120 server with the CentOS-5 Sparc
tftp64.img, but discovered that the tftp64.img does not have the SunGem
driver available in it. I had posted to the CentOS Bugzilla site about
the sungem driver (http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3061) source code
that I found, but there is a note from one of the developers about
building a device driver. The bug report is still in a 'new' status.

My questions are - How can building a device driver be done and how do I
use it prior to when I am attempting to start the CentOS installation
via TFTP only? The Sparc server doesn't have a floppy or CD-Rom drive
attached, thus TFTP is the only way to remotely boot this server
environment.

-- Michael