[CentOS-devel] Spammer: Did we shut him down?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 5 12:47:47 UTC 2009

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> 	>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
>
> Bored? Click on http://spamornot.org/ and rate those images.

1,
I get quite a few of those, at another address. It's sent "from" me.

2.
There's nothing to prevent anyone from subcsribing to this list and
harvesting addresses of all contributors.

3.
Before implementing SPF, google for and join some antispam lists. I did
so, and the consensus on one of them was that SPF isn't a good answer.
CSV was regarded as preferable.
Here's the first hit when I asked google "why not spf."
http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:YNZEP38CoFEJ:david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html+why+not+SPF&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&lr=lang_en

I'm using google's cache because the original site's not available atm.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait