[CentOS-devel] Spammer: Did we shut him down?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Feb 5 19:39:39 UTC 2009

on 2-5-2009 4:47 AM John Summerfield spake the following:
> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
>> 	>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
>>
>> Bored? Click on http://spamornot.org/ and rate those images.
>
> 1,
> I get quite a few of those, at another address. It's sent "from" me.
>
> 2.
> There's nothing to prevent anyone from subcsribing to this list and
> harvesting addresses of all contributors.
>
> 3.
> Before implementing SPF, google for and join some antispam lists. I did
> so, and the consensus on one of them was that SPF isn't a good answer.
> CSV was regarded as preferable.

A consensus of one?
What if the other lists had a consensus that it was good?

> Here's the first hit when I asked google "why not spf."
> http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:YNZEP38CoFEJ:david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html+why+not+SPF&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&lr=lang_en
>
> I'm using google's cache because the original site's not available atm.

I want to invent something like BFR (big freaking rock) that you hit the
spammer over the head with! The more spam he sends, the more rocks. Sooner or
later he will stop from either negative reinforcement or a concussion.

Either way, I win!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and