[CentOS-devel] Lang-Subsites still in womb ?

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:35:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Jerry Amundson wrote:
>> Still no one? Ugh, I figured with the title "centos-devel" there would
>> more SQL talent out there. Might be a spare time issue, I know how
>> that goes. So, anyway, I can be that guy... What next?
>
> Want to tell us in a few words who you are? I like to know who I might
> have to give out a login to sometime >:)

Of course. Here's some pieces that I pulled from my dice.com resume.
It's relatively current. The main change from below is my employer is
now know as DTI, and the web-site (one of the servers I maintain) is
http://www.dtint.com/. We're an international software company with
400+ employees. Specific to SQL, a few years ago I wrote the
conversion of our support application - from Sybase to MS-SQL Server.
My daily tasks with MySQL involve the request system used for the IT
group of which I'm a part.

QUALIFICATIONS
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Enthusiastic about computers and technology for over 25 years
Excellent technical skills in anything Linux/Unix, from shell
scripting to kernel tuning
DBA qualifications with Oracle, Sybase, Progress, and MySQL
Very comfortable developing in C/C++, Java, HTML, PHP, ColdFusion,
Progress 4GL, and Perl

PROFESSIONAL  EXPERIENCE
Network Administrator,  Publishing Business Systems
St. Paul, MN
1992 - present

Installed and maintained the company's first Microsoft network,
utilizing Windows NT 3.51
Installed and maintained the company's first Linux server, utilizing
Red Hat Linux  6.2
Responsible for approximately 28 servers running Unix or Linux, two
Xen servers, and one VMware ESX server
Primary administrator for all networking components, including
equipment from  Cisco, Dell and other vendors
Key person for telephony equipment, especially digital phone systems,
and voice  over IP
Provide technical support for customer connections via IPsec, PPTP,
PPP, RDP,  ICA, SSH, Telnet, and analog lines

OTHER EXPERIENCE
Open Source Software documentation, development, and support

>> I suppose I can start with some local testing. The idea is to go from
>> newbb to phpBB it looks like?
>
> Nope. From xoops (their forum implementation) to phpBB. Marcus knows
> more about the actual details I guess.

Yet, from http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums :

H. There must exist a workable path to port existing data from newbb
over to new system

jerry