[CentOS-devel] TOMOYO enabled kernels for CentOS

Tetsuo Handa from-centos at I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp
Sun Feb 15 10:40:51 UTC 2009

Hello.

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> What I am sure is that a
> kernel which breaks ABI will never be part of the official repos, ABI
> compliance for its entire lifespan is one of the core features of the
> distribution.
TOMOYO can go into none of repos listed in "Available Repositories for
CentOS" at http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories , can't it?

> However I guess that a reference to TOMOYO
> and a link to the alternate repo could be added in the wiki, offering
> an opt-in feature for the users who want it.
That approach requires of users creation of a yum configuration file which
enables a 3rd party repo, doesn't it?

Then, users won't be able to install TOMOYO enabled kernels without modifying
yum configurations. OK, I'll continue using my 3rd party repo at
http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/repos/ .

Thank you.