[CentOS-devel] How to make that CentOS support our IDE card?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Feb 27 11:32:23 UTC 2009

Hi  Kevin,

Kevin Huang (黃凱文) wrote:
> Our Company have some IDE Cards.
> How to make that CentOS support our IDE card?
> How can I do for this? Or some information can let me know.

Dont most generic IDE  ( I am guessing PATA ) cards just work anyway ?.

Are your interfaces supported within Linux at all ? Do you have inhouse
developers who might be able to port the drivers for the CentOS kernel ?
If so, one route might be to provide an open source driver as a Driver
Disk.

You could also try talking to Redhat directly and see if they would be
able to work with you on the drivers.

Finally, you could offer a few development interfaces along with some
docs and see if anyone in the community wants to develop the driver for
you.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions etc feel free to get
in touch.

- KB