[CentOS-devel] [Patch] request for add VIA VX800 storage support on CentOS 5.3

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jul 13 13:09:40 UTC 2009

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for this patch!

On 07/13/2009 01:46 PM, BruceChang at via.com.tw wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>      I would like to request your help to integrate following patch for the HDD support of VIA VX800/VT8261/VT8237/CX700 platform:

as Akemi already said ( she does the CentOS Plus kernels for both CentOS
4 and CentOS 5 ), file a request at bugs.centos.org against the CentOS
plus category.

You might also want to consider taking this upstream to Red Hat (
bugzilla.redhat.com ) and see if they are happy to include it into the
main distro kernel. If they do that, all centos kernels inherit the
patch by default.