[CentOS-devel] Getting some z's

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR teners at bh90210.net
Fri Jun 5 23:48:26 UTC 2009

CentOS Users/Developers:

    It interests me to find out if and or when any such CentOS 5 for
z/system will be forthcoming?

    I use Hercules and would love to play with CentOS under z/system via the
Hercules emulator. Funny how my personal mainframe has an "Apple" on it, and
is 17" in size, ay? :)

    If not, I am curious how difficult it is to generate an entire z/distro
from compiling it from source? I was told the source can be compiled via an
easy script, but I can't imagine that is true for z/systems.

    I am planning on getting a new server for development and such, how hard
would this be to create?

--

Very Respectfully,

Stuart, N3GWG