[CentOS-devel] Forum migration: newbb_to_phpbb

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Mar 23 15:34:41 UTC 2009

Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> The users are copied from xoops user table onto an LDAP server.
>
> I personally have no dump of the xoops user table, so maybe Karan
> could give it a try. LDAP connection is already set up on TestVM.

I can definitely arrange for that - however the idea of a 'copy' cant
work - we need to have a situation where the userdata is shared between
the rest of the website and whatever we are using for the forums ( I was
under the impression that this was a goal ? ).

Tell me what you need, and I will make sure you get it. Please do not
rely on me to do more than that. There just isnt enough time. And I
think there are people here who are way better qualified and aware of
issues around forums and websites.