[CentOS-devel] RPM of BrOffice.org

Thiago Avelino thiagoavelinoster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:22:53 UTC 2009

So as we are, we have the BrOffice.org on CentOS for the staff of Brazil?

2009/3/26 Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha <strange at nsk.no-ip.org>:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:11:34AM -0300, Thiago Avelino wrote:
>> That we could be putting to the people that are using CentOS in Brazil
>> and the default install OpenOffice for BrOffice, what do you think?
>
> Well, here's my suggestion:
>
> 1. Have a person responsible for the BrOffice package, as there are
> others responsible for other packages in CentOS;
>
> 2. A Brazilian team would then be responsible for creating a spin with
> BrOffice instead of OpenOffice, responsible for the ISOs and the mirrors
> in Brazil;
>
> 3. The CentOS people would verify the signature of the packages in that
> spin, that only OpenOffice was replaced, and then sign the
> {MD5,SHA1}SUM.
>
> That should reduce the amount of additional work to the CentOS team,
> while allowing for the Brazilian spin to use the CentOS name.
>
> (Please note that I'm just an interested observer, and I speak for
> neither the CentOS or Brazilian team...)
>
> Regards,
> Luciano Rocha
>
> --
> lfr
> 0/0

att.

Thiago Avelino
Programador | SysAdmin
Linux User: #484673
Asterisk User: #63483
Digium User: D1039273
São Paulo - SP / Brasil
LSB Certification | LPI Certification | RHCE Certification
www.avelino.us | www.centos-br.org

Linkedin | linkedin.com/in/thiagoavelinoster
Twitter | twitter.com/thiagoavelinost
JustinTV | justin.tv/thiagoavelino