[CentOS-devel] freeradius-2.1.3 spec

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Fri Mar 27 15:16:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 08:54 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Tried rebuilds of your SRPM on both i386 and x86_64.  Both built OK
> after satisfying all the build requirements.  On install get a lot of
> warning errors about the group radiusd not existing. See below.  Can't
> really test functionality as I don't need freeradius, but that's what
> the testing repo is for.

Okay, so I think I know why it happened, but I don't know how to fix it.

As I said yesterday, the freeradius RPM does a check for the radiusd
user/group.  If it's found, great, but if it isn't, the user and group
are created.

Based on your log of the install, the freeradius package wasn't the
first one to be installed - freeradius-libs was.  The SPEC doesn't
include the "radiusd" user/group check during the install of the other
freeradius pacakges, but some of them do expect the user to be present.

So, the warnings were spit out because radiusd was indeed not found.
That user wasn't actually created until the freeradius package was
installed a little later in the install process.

I'm not sure how this would be handled if the install was via yum.
Would freeradius be installed first, thus avoiding the errors?

Is there a way to indicate which package should be installed first?  Is
it even worth it?

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux