[CentOS-devel] [PHP 5.2.6] Feedback / Centos Testing and CentOS Extras

Jean-Marc LIGER jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr
Wed May 6 15:00:30 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> Michael Simpson wrote:
>
>> We have been running 5.2.6 from testing for about a month on both
>> production and dev web servers. everything has been fine apart from
>> phpmyadmin complaining about the lack of php-mcrypt.
>>

> There is the other thing about the c5-testing packages needing an
> update, I'll look into that shortly.
>

>> I would really like to see this updated and moved from testing into
>> extras or plus. Further to this end, if there is anything that i can
>> do please let me know.
>>

> There will be plenty to help out with. I've been investigating the idea
> of sub-rep's and how we might handle that in the buildsystem. Give me a
> few days and I should have a proposal that we can all consider. The end
> aim being : <php/web interest group> should be able to request and build
> pkgs into a subrepo that others can opt in or out from. It would need to
> be subrepo's with direct conflict situation between them in this case
> since there are atleast 3 clear php routes so far:
>
> - distro php
> - rhwas php
> - php.net php
>
> people need to have :
> a) easy way to stick to one tree
> b) relative easy way to switch from one to the other
>
> and hopefully never need multiple php's on the same machine.

We use our own set of php5 renamed packages which :
- doesn't conflict with others php packages
- try to follow both upstream and php.net
- provide a lot of usefull/less modules ;-)

See :
http://redhat.sorbonne.fr/CentOS-5/siris/repoview/P.group.html

<php/web interest group> is certainly where I'll be the more efficient
to help.

Regards,
Jean-Marc