[CentOS-devel] debuginfo out of date

Fri May 15 13:49:12 UTC 2009

Another one from the Fora:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=20291&forum=37

Thread started by robertsong: centos 5.3 glibc debuginfo is not updated
"Hello,
I have updated to centos 5.3,
the latest version of glibc-2.5-34.
but I found the debuginfo rpm package was not updated to this version.
Now the debuginfo version is 2.5.24 in http://debuginfo.centos.org/5/i386/.
glibc-debuginfo-2.5-24.i686.rpm
glibc-debuginfo-common-2.5-24.i386.rpm

When would the rpm be updated ?"

In investigating this I noticed that the Forum user is correct and that
the metadata in the arch-specific directories is even older than the
packages.  Those ought to be either re-generated or removed.

 From http://debuginfo.centos.org/5/x86_64/repodata/

[   ] filelists.xml.gz        23-Oct-2007 20:41  3.0M
[   ] other.xml.gz            23-Oct-2007 20:41  4.0M
[   ] primary.xml.gz          23-Oct-2007 20:41  255K
[TXT] repomd.xml              23-Oct-2007 20:41  951

I reviewed recent debuginfo threads and could not find anything on this
issue.  I presume the repo config should be something like:

#Debug Info
[debuginfo]
name=CentOS-$releasever - DebugInfo
#baseurl=http://debuginfo.centos.org/$releasever/$basearch/
baseurl=http://debuginfo.centos.org/$releasever/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-$releasever
protect=1
priority=1

Is there a mirrorlist mechanism for debuginfo?

Phil