[CentOS-devel] LiveCD rebuild with persistence enabled

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann ribalba at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:33:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Ernesto Celis
<celisdelafuente at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I don't know if this is the right list to post this, if it's not plese feel
> free to ponting me in the right direction.
>
> I was needing a LiveCD persistence capable to dum it into an external HDD
> and be able to work outside office with the customers. So I rebuilt the i386
> CentOS LiveCD to make it persistence capable.
>
> I also made a little modification to the livecd-iso-to-disk script, so it
> creates the persistence file on an ext3 filesystem, since I have had bad
> experiences running linux live distros over FAT.
>
> If this is of your interest, let me know.

Do you want to share your information about doing this? Then the docs
mailing list would be the correct place [1].

Or are you having problems doing this?

Sorry I am not getting the problem? Possibly too early in the day so
my brain is not up for it :)

Cheers Didi