[CentOS-devel] QA accessibility

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:06:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Phil Schaffner
<Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov> wrote:
> A message on centos-users has raised a question in my mind about the
> openness of the QA process.  I'm pretty sure that there is no desire to
> greatly expand the QA team, but on the other hand a few more serious QA
> testers might be worthwhile.  I started to reply to the message below
> with a link to an announcement of opportunity to join the QA team from
> the centos-devel list, and possibly to add a bit to the "Contribute"
> page, but decided it might be better to bounce the idea around here instead.

I see a need to bounce this around some more. The bottom line, whether
or not the CentOS core group wants to admit it, is this : more people
+ more testing = more love.
There are, of course, details as to the "people", and the "testing"
(and for that matter,  the "love" :-), but that concerns the Who and
the What.
So, here, we can start the `How' of QA Accessibility. How do I, for
example, become involved in QA to help CentOS become even better?

The "C" in CentOS is meant as "the community", not as "the clique",
and that should apply towards every facet of the distribution.
That said, however, I also recognize the core group's desire to limit
noise, etc. I think the point here is that through *discussion and
documentation* we can reach a middle ground which adds benefit to
CentOS as a whole, but without further burden to the development core.

Thanks,
jerry