[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-qa] 5.4 - i386 isos and tree

Thu Oct 15 12:20:43 UTC 2009

Patrice Guay wrote on 10/13/2009 01:31 PM:
> Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> Is there interest in a LiveDVD with more functionality than will fit on
>> a CD?  Perhaps "full desktop/office/productivity/multimedia" GNOME
>> and/or KDE versions?
>>
> If you have a kickstart file ready with such functionalities, publishing
> it on the LiveCD trac website would be the first step. Adding a
> documentation page explaining how to build such a LiveCD and what are
> its benefits would come next.

I have a kickstart file that worked to create a DVD image with a lot
more components.  I'll run through the process again with a bit more
thought before putting it out in public.  Will also give some thought to
writing up the benefits.

What I was really wondering is if such a LiveDVD image might be
distributed by CentOS like the LiveCD, but allowing more functionality
by removing the restrictions imposed by the size of a CD.

Phil