[CentOS-devel] VirtualBox + CentOS 5.3/5.4 (xrandr issue?)

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR teners at bh90210.net
Thu Oct 29 16:20:01 UTC 2009

ALCON,

I recently tested CentOS 5.3/5.4 with VirtualBox, and had some issues
getting the video to pronounce itself properly. After logging on it
was able to function in full screen mode capably (when I had used a
customized xconf.org file that someone had published as "working", as
well as having installed the VirtualBox "guest additions"), but the
login screen did not configure into a proper manner.

I read a few postings about this issue being related to the xrandr
library version that is used within CentOS, but since I do not have
RedHat 5.3 or 5.4, presume this might be a CentOS only issue for some
reason?

Can anyone enlighten me regarding this issue and any recommended
methods for working around it?

Thanks in advance, and do have a most wonderful and blessed day.

--
IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
Beverly Hills, CA / Las Vegas, NV / Philadelphia, PA / Washington, DC
e-mail: teners at bh90210.net