[CentOS-devel] Apache ServerTokens says Red Hat

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Fri Sep 4 09:04:03 UTC 2009

Peter Magnusson wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> ok, dont be surprised if your reports just sit there with zero interest
>> till someone who is interested enough to spend their spare time on the
>> issues comes along.
>
> Done;
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3821 - KDE font problem Xdefaults exists
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3822 - Network card order naming

That problem has been long dealt with. Use HWADDR in ifcfg-* to statically bind physical interfaces.

In an earlier post you also mentioned: "CentOS can be better than Red hat." I don't think that is the goal of CentOS, it would conflict with the goal of being a 100% compatible reproduction of the upstream OS. Adding custom patches would make CentOS deviate from upstream.

Anyway, the original topic, servertokens saying Red Hat, I personally wouldn't bother with it. There are more important things.

Glenn