[CentOS-devel] why php5.2 still is not of part of centos5.3?

Florian La Roche florian.laroche at gmx.net
Wed Sep 16 13:55:44 UTC 2009

Hello Kamol,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 04:58:03PM +0900, Kamol wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not have any problem with Centos5.3, in 32bits and 64bits servers.
> For so long time.

good to hear

> A lot of famous CMS, CRM and Shopping Cart already requesting >= PHP5.2.
> For that each time have to add
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-Testing.repo :(

Red Hat tries to stay with releases as available at CentOS-5.0 times
and only add bug-fixes and security fixes to have a stable platform.
Some apps are updated at Red Hat within the "stacks" channel, but I
don't think those src.rpm-packages are re-compiled for CentOS yet.

regards,

Florian La Roche