[CentOS-devel] options on publishing a timeline

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:42:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> while waiting for some tests to finish, I drew this up:
> http://www.karan.org/stuff/c5-release-plan.jpeg
>
> its no where near complete, at the moment it has perhaps half of all the
> things that need doing. But overall it should give people an idea on
> what happens. Now for the questions:
>
> - Whats  good way to publish something like this so it does not get in
> the way. For the people who need to keep it going, as well as for people
> looking for info.
>
> - does anyone know of a non-java based ( flash is fine ) mindmap
> renderer that could get its data from a db ( so more than 1 person can
> edit things and we could use the same data at other places as well )

I haven't seen any multi-user mindmap apps. So I think the best
alternative would be the wiki. But that isn't graphical of course,
then again it is already running and is multi-user.

> - How might one factor in timetaken or things. One option is that we
> just dont do that for one release, then use the timings from that
> release for estimates on the next release - hopefully getting better and
> more accurate in a few cycles like that.

I see no problem in just releasing all the steps to the public, even
without timestampts or estimates. We can add those after this release.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)