[CentOS-devel] options on publishing a timeline

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Sep 22 12:48:27 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 09/22/2009 02:40 AM, John Summerfield wrote:
>> I once attended a project management course. The little I remember now
>> boils down to, at least in the planning stage, a small committee is
>> good. 4-6 people. A small group will give better results one person.
>
> Not sure what any of that hasto do with the original email :)
>
> I'm looking for optiions for publishing the state of a task as it works
> its way through different milestones. It needs to be :
> - clear
> - exact
> - automateable
> - visual
>
> And if its something that needs me to go poking around in things - I'm
> not going to use it, or I will forget about it etc. Hence the
> requirement for the automateable.

There's no possibility that you will escape data entry. If you kept
reading, you would see I suggested actual products, and that Christoph
identified that mrproject, while renamed, isn't dead and lives on in the
Gnome project.

It's up to you to assess it, the program's description suggests it does
what you say you want.