[CentOS-devel] iet

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:46:02 UTC 2009

On 9/22/09, Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com> wrote:
> The install scripts should 'chkconfig iscsi-target on' for you.

It prly did - just old sysadmin habit on my part...

> Still to do, is figure out a way to have it generate kabi tracking
> kernel module that is compatible with both RH and SLES.

I don't currently have SLES installed, but have lot's of spare hw
around if it would help for me to have it on something.

> Right now it can generate a dkms kernel module, but not everyone uses
> dkms and I don't think it's included in extras, but it is cross-
> platform, so you can have one kmod package for both C4 and C5 and all
> kernel variants, and 4 user code packages (32bit and 64bit for each
> version), much easier then 8 kernel packages and 4 user packages.

I've always liked dkms - Matt is an über bright type... and as you may
have noticed, kmod gives me nothing but headaches. However, I seem to
be the only one, so I live with it until I can fix it myself.

jerry