[CentOS-devel] Reality V/s Fantasy

Douglas McClendon dmc.centos at filteredperception.org
Thu Dec 2 04:15:46 UTC 2010

On 12/01/2010 09:14 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 19:33, Douglas McClendon
> <dmc.centos at filteredperception.org>  wrote:
>
>> so all you have in source control is srpms?
>>
>> are many of them 100% unmodified from upstream other than renaming the
>> file (if that)?
>
> Files are generally not renamed. What needs to be done is
>
> a) Look through compiled items for trademarks in images and documents.
> b) Look in source code to see where those images may be called or implanted.
> c) all corner cases not covered by a or b
>
> For a) it requires a source code change as a patch in the source RPM
> as the trademark would still be distributed for b) it requires a patch
> to say from
>
> a href="redhat.png" ->  a href="centos.png"
>
> c) usually comes up as requiring a request to Karanbir of whether this
> covers a problem or not.
>
> To get an idea of what is changed in a release look at all the
> .src.rpms in say CentOS-5 with .centos.src.rpm in them.

ahh.  I didn't see your message when crafting my response.  Just now I
looked back at the c5 srpm list and noticed that the example I chose was
actually surrounded by examples absent the .centos suffix.

That clears things up a lot I think.  So the ones without the .centos
suffix are entirely unchanged from upstream.  Got it.

-dmc