[CentOS-devel] CentOS - rawhide

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:56:46 UTC 2010

Please stop top-posting.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Jean-Marc Liger
<jmliger at siris.sorbonne.fr> wrote:
> The aim of Rawhide is to regularly provide snapshots of Fedora devel status.
> Instead of that, the aim of CentOS has always been to provide a fully
> functionnal RHEL clone. So I don't understand why do you want to see an
> incomplete RPMS "inprogress" repo. When I am at the restaurant, I don't need
> to go in the kitchen rooms to see how advance the cooking of my order.

"Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated." [1]

Rawhide is a *complete* repo, and so is CentOS. By definition, you
cannot (or should not) be able to access *any* repo that is
"incomplete". Like CentOS, Rawhide is also "inprogress", but just for
a much shorter amount of time. :-)

When you need a "fast-food" distro, use Rawhide, not CentOS.

jerry

[1] http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/37.htm (I was about one and a
half years old when it aired, so I'm sure I recall that from re-runs
viewed recently. :)