[CentOS-devel] Why are Spacewalk packages removed from CentOS?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:16:59 UTC 2010

That said however... the tools required are in the spacewalk repos and if
you are going to be using spacewalk you will want to use those repos due to
the heavy development and updates going on in them.... The spacewalk client
repo was missing the python-ethtool package until recently but that has been
rectified. If you are building centos systems it would be much better to use
the spacewalk-client repo for these (or a local mirror of it) to ease
troubleshooting the spacewalk systems whilst they are developed (not to
mention you will probably want the spacewalk client repo anyway for things
like spacewalk-koan, osad, etc).

James