[CentOS-devel] tracking ABI changes in C/C++ libraries

Andrey Ponomarenko susanin at ispras.ru
Tue Jul 20 09:31:36 UTC 2010

On 07/17/2010 12:16 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> On 07/14/2010 01:30 PM, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
>
>> The service is freely available at:
>> http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/
>>
> This looks really good, thanks for getting it online. I was trying to
> track down the components and get my head around how it all works.
>
> Is there anyway to generate the Library Descriptors onthefly / via code
> only ? I can see the upstream-tracker / ABI compliance testing script
> being a fantastic addition to the post-build testing that we do, but it
> would need to be completely automated. Getting Version, Libs and Headers
> info should be straightforward,

Library descriptor (XML) including path to libs, headers and version
number only is enough to
execute both core tools "ABI Compliance Checker" and "API Sanity
Autotest". Other sections of the descriptor are not necessary.

The examples of integration are:
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/apt
http://rpm5.org/
http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/

Now our team is working on the integration of the tools to the OBS
(openSUSE Build Service) at the packages (RPM) building stage.

All examples shows that it is very easy to integrate these tools anywhere.

--
Andrey Ponomarenko

Linux Verification Center, ISPRAS
 web:    http://www.linuxtesting.org