[CentOS-devel] tracking ABI changes in C/C++ libraries

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Jul 20 14:50:47 UTC 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 10:45 AM, JohnS wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 10:07 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> On Jul 20, 2010, at 9:35 AM, JohnS wrote:
>
>> Yum or rpmdb locking? If rpmdb, Berkeley DB can be mapped locally,
>> or mapped to a RDONLY store on NFS that NEVER changes so that
>> rpmdb locks can be safely disabled.
>>
>> Yum can fix its own issues.
>>
>> 73 de Jeff
> ---
> It would be a Yum locking problem when using plague or revisor.  So how
> can yum obtain a lock over a "rw" nfs root?  I was interested in Karan
> was doing this.

OK.

> # Working Config
> self.destination_directory = "/home/ethan/x86_64/BUILDER/JE2"  # NFS
> Root
> self.working_directory = "/BUILDER"  # Local Directory
>
> # Non Working
> I would like this in the NFS Root as well but have the yum lock issue.
> self.working_directory = "/home/ethan/x86_64/BUILDER/Working/JE2"

There's nothing in yum but fcntl locks last I looked (perhaps a year
ago, but there's so many incompatible versions around that ymmv.)

Smells like you need NFS locking configured. Do you have NFS
configured for locking? Likely the best verification is to
use a NFS stats collector and confirm whether you see lockd
RPC packets. tcpdump can be used in a pinch too.

73 de Jeff