[CentOS-devel] Missing security updates

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Jul 22 03:25:12 UTC 2010

On 07/21/2010 02:31 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I am not sure what you are talking about. I've asked for help with
> specific things in the past - and got back almost nothing. Its always
> the same few people, doing the best that we can.

That could be.  I'm not sure which specific things you're referring to.
  I vaguely recall frequent volunteers to engage in the
build/test/release process met with the pronouncement that CentOS's team
is a meritocracy and that people will be allowed in as they prove their
worth.  The trouble seems to be that no one knows how to demonstrate
their value.  The CentOS team's workings seem opaque to me.  Since I
don't know anything about them, I realize that any idea I have about how
to improve them may be completely invalid.  However, I think a lot of
users would be happy if CentOS were as transparent as Fedora, with clear
written guidelines regarding the project governance and processes.  In
fact, I think it'd be wonderful to adopt Fedora's guidelines and
technology as much as possible.