[CentOS-devel] Missing security updates

Charlie Brady charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Thu Jul 22 22:25:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Charlie Brady wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Charlie Brady wrote:
> >> timeliness *appears* not to be important to the CentOS
> >> project, hence this discussion.
> >
> > Not intended to be a smear - please see timeline @
> >
> > http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4386
>
> And this the week after OLS.

Yes, I missed you.

> Et tu?  Ah well.
>
> Sure it is a data point and I suppose 'we' of CentOS are
> supposed to promise to never disappoint whomever again.

Of course not.

However, it is your choice whether you respond by saying "yes, we can try
to do better. Would you like to help?", or "tough luck. That's the way it
is. Take it or leave it."

> I would like a future with a CentOS even more successful, ...

Well, recognizing areas which are currently sub-optimal and trying to find
improvements would likely help in achieving that.