[CentOS-devel] tracking ABI changes in C/C++ libraries

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:21:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 00:25 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, JohnS wrote:
>
> > temp fs scares me unless I have a machine capable of RAM RAID 1 + Multi
> > ECC and I have only one atm.  It would be a much better way, I can't
> > argue that point.
>
> You are missing the point that building a distribution, or
> even just a few packages is going to (and had better) a binary
> idempotent result.  If a machine goes down, wipe the failed
> partial build and do it again

I'm quite sure you know how it feels to have to start over again.  Time
to fully script the process.  I'll bang it around this weekend and take
it for a run.  I'll use /foo/bar/tmpfs for everything except the build
output directory and go from there.  I'll take ya way and see how it
goes.

> You just don't need multiply redundant backups and six nines
> hardware, unless you need to heat your office

No but I need a backup or two and maybe some notes taken here and there.
Your correct on heating the office/computer room.  It was 108*F today.

John