[CentOS-devel] Web based Package DB

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 17:57:40 UTC 2010

On 6/23/2010 12:46 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Athmane Madjoudj<athmanem at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I don't thinks that changelog is useful for end-users
>
> This depends on your target user audience. For the average home user
> or basic office set-up you're probably right. I know for the folks
> doing PCI compliance the changelog is rather helpful when CVE closures
> are listed. That could be done with a completely separate tool though,
> and rh already has a decent model/tool for searching CVE listings.

Is there any chance of making it able to detect and flag conflicts among
any/all participating repositories in terms of duplicate but out-of-sync
package versions and conflicting file content?  This information could
be used both by the package builders to clean up the problem where it
was accidental and by end users to restrict where their updates are pulled.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com